Another $15 Increase
The small green dumpster bag being marketed by many of the area “big box “ stores has experienced another price increase. A Waste Management product, the 3 cubic yard Bagster, now carries a $120 pickup fee (a $15 increase) in the Denver/metro area. Combined with its retail price at around $30, using a Bagster can run area homeowners and contractors over $150 to dispose of a relatively small amount of trash. A second bag (another $30 cost) picked up at the same time adds an additional $95 dollars to the pickup. Quick math tells us that the disposal of 6 yards of material will run about $275 and 9 yards around $400. To the layman, those prices may seem reasonable until you compare them with the small dumpster prices around Denver.
Save Money & Hassle with Sam’s
Do you want to save money? At Sam’s Hauling, one of our 6 cubic yard roll-offs can save you more than $85 when priced yard for yard against the Bagster. Simply put, using a mini roll-off for 6 yards of trash saves you $85 over 2 Bagsters and a 9-yard roll-off saves you $175 over 3 Bagsters! The more trash you have, the more a dumpster can help you keep cash in your pocket.
Don’t Get Stuck Loading the Bagster
Either option allows the homeowner to load the “container” at their leisure, but metal-sided dumpsters are easier to load than the Bagster, as it requires trash and debris to hold up the sides. Oddly shaped material or varying density trash may make supporting the Bagster walls awkward, as illustrated above. Couple the difficulty in loading with the increased price and there certainly appear to be better choices for your cleanup project than the dumpster bag.
In the last few years, a number of companies have introduced a new concept in Denver trash removal – that is various types and designs of dumpster bags. On the face of it, it seems to be an okay idea, but it’s actually a bad way to handle construction and other kinds of large-quantity, large-item trash disposal.
You should be an informed consumer, so here’s the low-down on Denver dumpster bags:
- On a cubic yard basis, bags are the most expensive way to dispose of extra waste.
- Using three 3-yard dumpster bags (for 9 yards of trash) is more expensive than renting a 30-cubic yard roll off from a local dumpster rental company.
- The bags are awkward to load, as the most popular type have no frame at all.
- DIY’ers waste time arranging trash in the dumpster bags to keep the sides erect, rather than working on their project.
- Most types of bags are not reused or recycled, but go right into the waste stream.
- Bags, typically made of a poly fiber material, are not biodegradable and can take many decades to break down.
- They must be purchased at home improvement stores or mail order online and are not deliverable like a Denver roll off dumpster is.
- The homeowner or contractor must select correct placement of the bag or it may not be picked up by their disposal contractor.
- Short-term roll-offs from Sam’s Hauling are more cost-effective than dumpster bags, and the service of custom drop-off and pick-up is included in that price.
What’s the Price of Convenience and Reliability? Call Us Now!
Great service is what we’re all about when it comes to dumpster rentals and roll off containers. We’ll be happy to help you plan so that you get exactly the right size dumpster at the right price. Our reputation depends on our top-notch service – so you can depend on us.
Call us now at 303-984-7200 and no matter where you are in the greater Denver-Boulder metro area, we’ll get your dumpster out to you right away!
The BAGSTER® is a registered trademark of WM Bagco, LLC, a Waste Management Company