Denver parks offer numerous opportunities for family fun, exercise or an escape from “city life.” In a new park ranking index, Denver ranks 7th out of 60 cities. This is a 10 spot improvement from last year’s rank.
ParkScore Ranking Index
Major factors for the index include: park access, park size, city acreage used for parks, and percentage of residents within 10-minute walk of a park. Roughly 84 percent of Denver residents live a half mile or closer to a park.
Denver Park Statistics:
- Park acreage: 6,100 acres
- Percentage of city area: 8.2 %
- Largest/Most-visited: City Park, 314 acres
- Median park size: 6.3 acres
- Spending per resident: $124.89
Written by Sam Stankie